Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Howdy, I have a 2000 f250 7.3 with 578,000 miles a month ago

Customer Question

Howdy
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a 2000 f250 7.3 with 578,000 miles a month ago I developed 3 pin holes in the radiator and didn't realize this existed,so on a Friday I started loosin power and it was smoking black so I shut it down,well it had gotten really hot and my gauge wasn't showing it so I towed it home so the next day I pulled the radiator and found leaks but before buyin a new one I put it back in the truck and changed the oil and cut the old oil filter open to see if any shavings were in it none there and none in old oil. so with new oil and the old radi full of water I tried to start and all it would do is turn over without firing up????? any suggestions
JA: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?
Customer: hosed and the water pump this truck has never gave me any trouble at all
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't worked on iy because I bought another truck but im curious and am gona repair it when I have the time
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do you have a scan tool that can check the ICP pressure while cranking?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris