Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got a 2000 ford windstar i have no power from the switch…

Customer Question
I got a 2000...

I got a 2000 ford windstar i have no power from the switch to starter or fuel pump what could it be

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Windstar yourself? What have you tried so far?

Change starter and wiring from batter to starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I got power at the starter put i turn the swictch on everything lights up on dash but no power to starter

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Which engine do you have in this?

Do you have a test light so we can do some testing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got a texter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I pulled to van out of the shop so i'm not close to it know . but I can take a texter over and check somethings if needed

Ok, give me a couple minutes to see what I can find on the wiring diagram.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks

Looks like the fuel pump relay gets some of the power from the PCM. Check fuse #20 in the battery fuse box and check fuse #105 in the same box. Fuse #20 should only get power with the key on or while cranking. Fuse 105 is for the start interupt relay, so make sure the security light is going out after 3 seconds with the key on.

let me know when you can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks . i'll check it out

You're welcome, remember, we are looking for power on fuse 20, not just that it's good.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks

You're welcome