Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The truck only had 20 psi of fuel pressure I put a fuel pump

The truck only had 20 psi of fuel pressure I put a fuel pump on it and it seemed to fix it

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you tell me what your working on please?

Need the year, make and model as well as engine size .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a Toyota four runner 93 model and it slipped some teeth on the timing belt. I'm pretty sure it went backwards . So I put a timing belt on it and it still acts like it is not in time .it will start but u can not give it any gas it won't take it just like won't take it it won't die just act like it b

Which engine do you have ?

Did you run a compression test since the new belt was installed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
3.0and no

Have you rechecked the timing belt alignment since the install?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have

And its is lined up correctly?

What type of fuel pressure are you getting now with the new pump?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The fuel pump was got another truck

Okay so what is your fuel pressure now with this pump?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In between 35and 40

Okay if your sure the timing belt is lined up properly and you have good fuel pressure the engine should start and run and pull. Will it move if you give it some gas?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah it will move but it do t want to u can hold it on the floor and it's like your barely touching the pedal

This sure sounds like your timing is still off, are you 100% sure your cams are aligned correctly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The timing is right

Okay if your timing is right and your fuel pressure is okay as you have posted then the engine should rev and run. The only other thing that can keep this from happening could be restricted exhaust. Is your exhaust clear?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Idk
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would say it's clear after the way it back fired this morning

Backfiring is in most cases cause by a valve timing concern. Have you by chance ran a compression test as well as verified your firing order is correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The firing order is right have not run a compression test yet I'm going to today

Okay . Im here if needed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok i will let u know if I need u again and if I don't I will tell u and give u a rating

Sure thing. Post back if needed .