Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

ABS light flashes 15 times short, one. 1994 Ford F-150XL,

ABS light flashes 15 times...
ABS light flashes 15 times short, one long. 1994 Ford F-150XL
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just the ABS light I was towing a trailer recently, it seems like it started when I disconnected it
JA: What is the model of your '94 Ford?
Customer: F-150XL
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far? googling, and chatting to you ;)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope actually, I'm happy to do a bit more googling before I do that
9/12/2017
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, are you jumping the abs connector to read the abs codes or are you just counting the light blinking when its running?

counting the blinks

Ok you need to jump the abs diagnostic connector un order to read the correct code. 14 or 15 is not a code.

the black RABS Diagnostic Test Connector C159 is used to retrieve and clear codes. It is located in the cab and clipped on the main instrument panel wiring harness about three inches below and to the right of the Anitlock Electronic Control Module (on the right side of the Instrument Panel).

• DISPLAYING AND READING TROUBLE CODES

NOTE: Ford DOES NOT provide procedures other than those described to retrieve or clear trouble codes.

NOTE: Verify the ignition switch is in the RUN position (engine does not need to be running). Next, locate the black RABS II diagnostic connector. The diagnostic connector has two mating halves (one of which has a black/orange wire connected to it). Disconnect the two halves.

Attach one end of a jumper wire to the black with orange stripe wire side of the diagnostic connector. Momentarily ground the opposite end of the jumper wire by connecting it to a good chassis ground for 1-2 seconds. Grounding this wire should start the REAR ABS lamp flashing. If grounding this wire does not start the REAR ABS lamp flashing, go to System Pre-Check Test D. See: Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview\System Pre-Checks\System Pre-Check Pinpoint Tests\D - Yellow Light Self-Check OK, But No Diagnostic Codes

CAUTION: Care must be taken to connect only the black/orange stripe wire to ground. Connecting the mating connector wire to ground will result in a blown fuse.

The code consists of a number of short flashes and ends with a long flash. Count the short flashes and include the following long flash in the count to obtain the code number. For example, three short flashes followed by one long flash indicates diagnostic trouble Code 4. The code will continue to repeat itself until the key is turned off. It is recommended that the code be verified by reading it several times. This code will be used later for system repair instructions. It should be written down for future use. A diagnostic trouble code of 16 will be obtained when the antilock electronic control unit detects normal system operation.

TROUBLE CODE

2Open RABS IsolationSee Pinpoint Test Code 2.

Solenoid CircuitSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\2

3Open RABS DumpSee Pinpoint Test Code 3.

Solenoid CircuitSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\3

4 [1]Open/groundedSee Pinpoint Test Code 4.

Valve Reset CircuitSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\4

5Excessive DumpSee Pinpoint Test Code 5.

Solenoid ActivitySee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\5

6Erratic Speed SensorSee Pinpoint Test Code 6.

CircuitSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\6

7No Isolation SolenoidSee Pinpoint Test Code 7.

During self-checkSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\7

8No dump solenoidSee Pinpoint Test Code 8.

During Self-checkSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\8

9High Speed SensorSee Pinpoint Test Code 9.

ResistanceSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\9

10Low speed sensorSee Pinpoint Test Code 10.

ResistanceSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\10

11Stoplamp CircuitSee Pinpoint Test Code 11.

Always ClosedSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\11

12Loss Of Hydraulic FluidSee Pinpoint Test Code 12.

During antilock StopSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\12

13Antilock ElectricalSee Pinpoint Test Code 13.

Control Unit FailureSee: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\13

16 or more.Drive test.See Pinpoint Test Code 16.

See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Manufacturer Code Charts\16

[1] - Red brake warning lamp illuminated.

The links above wont open for you, i need to know what codes blink off. The test must be done when the vehicle is running and the abs light is on, when you turn off the key, the codes clear.

Do you need more help with this concern?

If you need more help please let me know, If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans