Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I need some vacuum line help. 1996 Ranger 4.0L. 1) At the

Customer Question

I need some vacuum line help. 1996 Ranger 4.0L. 1) At the rear of intake manifold, there is a vacuum fitting. Where is the other end of that connection? 2) The 2 vacuum lines that connect to the DPFE sensor: "ref" line connects to the exhaust outlet closer to front of engine or the other one?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Ranger. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Not at this time. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Let me know if this diagram helps

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not really. I've seen that diagram, but it doesn't show the sensor.

ok, ill get that for you

cant find the location of where they connect to. I will have to opt out and see if anyone else has that information

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 month ago.

This is the Vacuum Diagram I have,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 month ago.

Here is another one, the EGR System Schematic.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 month ago.

The vacuum hoses at the DPFE sensor appear to be different sizes or one is wider.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 month ago.

Are you going to respond?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the diagrams helped although it was still confusing, but yes the diagrams and more web forum threads got me to the end.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 month ago.

Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.