Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Windscreen wiper stopped working. The fuse is good. I can

windscreen wiper stopped working. The fuse is good. I can move the wiper by hand. Does that mean the wiper motor is bad?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: fuses yes, not sure about power. how do i check that?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2009 ford c-max
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only checked the fuses. The wiper stopped in the middle of the windscreen so i pushed them down. I thought that was weird because i did not think that i could be able to move them on my own.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good morning,

If you can move the wiper by hand most likely the wiper arm has just come loose. Does the passenger side wiper still work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They are connected so when you move one by hand, the other moves as well.

Ok, so that means the problem is probably in the mechanism that holds the wipers to the wiper motor. In the parts catalog it's known as a wiper transmission. If you remove the cowl to access the wiper transmission you will likely see that one or both of the arms is disconnected.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You were exactly right. Thanks for the direction. One of the plastic attachments to the ball mechanism was worn out from the motor to the wiper arm farthest away. Now I don't know how to permanently fix it. Do they sell those plastic housings or do I have to buy the whole arm?

You will most likely need to replace the entire arm assembly (wiper transmission). I don't think they sell just the arm or the plastic clip.