Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 91 e350 and ive unbolted the starter which im

Customer Question
I have a 91...

I have a 91 e350 and ive unbolted the starter which im replacing but it wont come out

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

No click. I can hear the starter spinning though

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I know for a fact the solinoid is fine but when i turn the ket i hear the starter spin but it wont engage the flywheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

is something in the way from it coming out or will it not break loose from the mounting?

What engine is this and is it an auto or manual trans?