Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I have a 2015 Titanium escape. I just had a new door put on

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Titanium escape . I just had a new door put on due to an accident now the battery won't keep a charge.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: The battery was tested and i was told that its ok.
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a diagnostic check ran and everything was ok except it said there was anise with the an issue with restraints and driver assistance
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

You need to perform a parasitic draw test. The battery could be going dead for a number of reasons. The only way to diagnose a battery drain is to measure current draw. You need a multi meter set to amps. remove negative battery cable and connect meter in series with negative cable and negative post on batter. You will then start removing fuses one at a time until the meter reads the draw has gone down. Once you know the fuse you will be able to narrow down the circuit and the individual modules on that circuit need to be isolated.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can.

Please Rate 5 stars and it would be greatly appreciated.