Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1978 ford f-150. I put the truck in reverse and no back up…

Customer Question
1978 ford f-150 ...

1978 ford f-150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I put the truck in reverse and no back up lights came on. Truck will not start. Drove it to work, it sat all day came out and nothing, battery is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Back up lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, this is the second time ive done this, where is my answer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 11 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

what is your vin #

is that a manual or auto and engine size please so i can look it up and give you correct info

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Don't have the vin # because I am home now been on this for 2 hours.
It is an automatic
389

ok i think there a transmission range sensor tell it what gear it is in , if bad ,u be in park on shifter but it is in reverse at trans

can you check the shifter to trans connection

maybe u can send vin later

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat