Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Brake light on, abs light on, no cruise, no cold air, Brake…

Brake light on, abs...

Brake light on, abs light on, no cruise, no cold air

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Brake warning light on also, side by side lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 f150 fx4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnected and cleaned battery terminals, reset parking brake a few times. Time to research!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

9/11/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What engine do you have? Do you have 4x4? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
5.4,*****

Have you tried to check codes with scan tool?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't have tool available right now, but no check engine light.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
From what little online research I've done, this is not an uncommon issue, it seems.

Check to see if fuse 14 is blown, if fuse is good your abs module has probably failed. Next step would be making sure CAN wires are not shorted, good power/ground, and if all are good replace the module The CAN circuits are the Pink/Light Green (PK/LG) wire at pin 14 of the OBD2 connector which runs to pin 28 of the ABS module, and the White/Light Green (WH/LG) wire at pin 6 of the OBD2 connector which runs to pin 18 of the ABS module connection. Check these circuits for continuity between the two connections. ABS module power supply feeds include an Orange/Yellow (OG/YE) wire at pin 14 which is hot-at-all-times power from fuse 103 (20 amp) of the Central Junction Box (CJB), a Yellow/Light Green (YE/LG) wire at pin 13 which is hot-at-all-times power from fuse 112 (40 amp) of the CJB, and a Light Blue/Pink (LB/PK) wire at pin 8 which is ignition-fed battery power from fuse 14 (10 amp) of the CJB. ABS module grounds include a Black (BK) wire at pin 12 and a Light Green/Yellow (LG/YE) wire at pin 15. If power and ground circuits and the CAN circuits check to be OK, replace the suspect ABS module. Replacement of the ABS module will require a programming function to be performed through Ford scan tool or approved pass-through device for proper operation in the vehicle. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** your quick response and advice.

No problem, I'm happy to help. Thanks again and have a great day.

Dan, Technician
Cary York
Phone call session started