Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron I have a few questions regarding my 2008

Customer Question

Hey Ron I have a few questions regarding my 2008 Forde350Econoline 5.4LV8 van. It is the 15 passengar van. I would like to start to use it as a cargo van so I removed all the rear seats and headliner.I also started to remove the side panels and found that in the rear driver side right before the wheel well there is some duct work and some other stuff. What is this and can it be removed?I want to put a slim headliner with carpet on. What do you recommend?I want to put a wood floor. How should I secure it to the floor?Any other recommendation?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

The duct work should be the rear heat and AC if equipped. Are you going to eliminate the rear air?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to eliminate the rear air
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Well it can be covered up as long as your not using it. Please explain the other questions, Im not clear on what you needing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I disconnect it and the other stuff?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

You can disconnect the blower motor and that should keep it from working or just not turn the rear system on . There really is nothing else you will need to disconnect if your not using it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want to remove everything from the rear driver side. Is that possible?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Removing everything is going to disrupt you AC as well as the heater system. It would require installing new heater hoses and AC hose up front to eliminate and by pass the hoses for both going back the rear. In other words you would need to plumb it as if you had no rear heat and or AC. It may be more trouble then its worth and you may want to consider just leaving the plumbing alone.