Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Rear sliding window stopped wkg. 2013 f250, I have read

Rear sliding window stopped wkg...
Rear sliding window stopped wkg. 2013 f250
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have read blogs and learned the motors don't last long. Wondering if this is the true problem and what troubleshooting I should do. Yes, would like to repair it myself
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 30000 miles, auto
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
9/11/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so there is a relay and a fuse that control the power to that circuit, fuse 48 in the right kick panel is after the relay signal, you need to verify if there is power at the fuse with a volt meter or test light with the switch on

Ok, to begin, I wasn't aware of your service until Google found you 15 min ago. And I don't have my truck with me. Sorry.
Will chk all your recommendations Tues morning.

no worries ill be around!

Thanks so much. Bad weather in southeast. Moving stuff to safer areas.

fully understand, be safe and good luck!

55357;�
Thanks

hows it going down there?

Great, however, my volt meter is in my horse trailer which is in the repair shop right now . ��
I I can't win. Will chk in with you asap.

no worries take your time

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks so much!

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry for the delay.
Fuse is good. We found the motor for the sliding glass. It sounds like it wants to move the window but the cable seemed to maybe be wound up and possibly twisted within the compartment where it retracts. I got frustrated, finally cut the cable, and slid the window shut. ��

well thats one way of doing it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No patience.
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician