Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Whenever I can on the A/C, its works fine for a little bit,

Customer Question
Whenever I can on...

Whenever I can on the A/C, its works fine for a little bit, but then started to make noises

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No I haven't, Where do I locate it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford F-150 FX2 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you hear noises in the engine area with ac on and did the air stop blowing cold with this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Once I stated to hear the noise, the cold air have stopped blowing. I don't quite know if the noise is coming from the engine itself, but once I turned off the A/C, the noise also stops

Does this noise occur with the heater on as well in any vent position?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried and both the A/C and the heater makes the same noise after working fine for a little while

O.k.,I suspect this is the blower fan motor at fault.This motor is the small motor that circulates the air through the cabin.The bearings can start to come apart in it causing this noise as well as the fan cage can come off or come loose causing this noise here.

The blower motor is located under the dash on the passenger side as shown below.It can be removed by removing the screws as shown below as well then replaced.I would have it removed and check to see if it is wobbly or damaged needing replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/krp42kw401k7lcf/bl-09-11.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete