Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 F150 wont start. Red light under dash blinks 4 times…

Customer Question
2005 F150 wont start. Red...
2005 F150 wont start. Red light under dash blinks 4 times goes off 2 seconds then repeats.
Horn will beep and blinkers, dash lights,radio blink for 1 min.then door locks and lights
and horn stop.Under dash still keeps it's 4 blink cycle
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, does the engine crank or is it doing nothing?

NnoNothing happens when I turn key as far as starting . The pats system , I guess acctavates horn blinkers ect

yes Pats does do that and its a bulletproof system, standby a few while i look up something.

OK

5.4 3V ?

Not yet

huh?

Ok, pats has lost it key coded memory. only solution is having the key reprogrammed. Dealer or certified locksmith

I was typing not yet to the message trying to get me to use phone service I can read text answer

ok, just ignore those pop ups

Your telling me that the keys or the pats computer lost program
I tried both keys kept in different locations can't be a key problem

you tried both keys. both did not work. whats that telling you? it doesnt matter where the keys were kept if the Pats receiver dumped the codes

Just making sure it was the unit and not keys

no, its the keys the will need reprogrammed to the unit since the unit dropped memory.

If the unit dropped the keys program and I get keys reprogrammed
Won't the unit just do the same to the reprogrammed keys

the unit is not reading the keys. you need the keys programmed. I dont know how else to tell you this.

I know you are telling me reprogram keys
What I do not understand is is how both keys could lose program
the same day RFI chips almost never go bad.

Ok, Im opting out, maybe someone else can explain this too you better than I

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Would you like me to try and help?

Thanks for trying but 2 keys going bad some time I just can not understand but I will try to get them reprogramed

If you change your mind and would like me to try and assist, just reply and let me know.