Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 ford expedition that when i drive it it makes…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 ford expedition that when i drive it it makes i whining noise. It dosen't start out that way but after a couple of minutes starts especially when going into 2 gear it stays at a high pitch sound and sometimes i get a sound like I'm driving over little speed bumps they have on the interstate when you drive over the yellow line. all my fluids check out good

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

This can be coming from the power steering pump. It wouldn't be likely for a bearing to do that because it would do it all the time, where a pump noise can come and go.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor