Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need help locating the mega fuse?! A problem with what I…

Customer Question
Need help locating the...

Need help locating the mega fuse?!

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

A problem with what I think is the fuse box under the hood.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

What is the year, make, model and engine size of your car?

1995 Ford Explorer Sport Utility
6 cylinder

What kind of problem are you having with your truck?

Can't locate the mega fuse

That is ok. The site automatically offers your the option. What is not working? This truck does not have a mega fuse.

It has a new battery and the alternator is new an good but it want crank and battery keeps going dead

Does your truck have an automatic trans in it?

A part store said it was and we don't know

Is the shifter on the floor, or on the steering column?

Steering column
Just had to replace the ignition switch

Have you tested the starter solenoid?

No

Do you have anything electrical that does not work such as power windows, radio, lights, ect?

How to we check the starter thing
All kinds of problems with fuses blown and battery light flashing on dash
Windows don't work 50% of the time
It's my friends vehicle and I am trying to help her lol

I need specifics please. What fuses keep blowing, what all does not work right now? Do all the lights come on on the dash when you turn the switch on?

All the lights are on and at some times the 2WD AND 4WD lights are on at the same time
The whole fuse box under the hood is very wiggly and loose
She said the fuses have to pushed back in to crank her vehicle

Can you post the vin number for this truck please so I can look up some information?

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

The tech which was helping has opted out. Would you like me to try and assist?

I paid money to get information about my friends vehicle and I I still have no answers and I couldn't afford to pay the first $5, and with the fact that I have done sent every single dang thing about it and I still have no idea what to do then I'm not paying anymore money! In fact I want a refund!

Use the contact us link on your page to inform the website you do not want to pay for our help.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician