EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

How do I remove and replace the fog light housing on aa

How do I remove and replace the fog light housing on aa 2007
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: How do I remove and replace the fog light housing on a 2007 Ford Ranger FX4?

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not see your specific request for additional information. I have a 2007 Ford Ranger FX4.

It must not have sent. Sorry for that. I will supply you with the factory workshop manual procedure for replacing the fog lamp housing. while I create the PDF please take a quick moment to rate my assistance.

CLICK HERE for procedure.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The pfd housing you included looks different than what is on my 2007 Ranger. The housing I need looks like this...
Replacement Halogen Fog Light - F107551 - Passenger Side, Direct Fit, With Bulb(s), Clear Lens, DOT/SAE Compliant
I am interested in the install because one of the 2 top bolts is not accessible to me and I want to know how i can get to it. thanks.

That lamp you have looks exactly the same to me from the non-STX ones in the workshop manual. If your fog lights and bumper are factory, then the pdf is what you have. I can not recall the top bolts being difficult to access. IF you have any plastic or rubber shields that might need to be removed. If you think you need to, you can attach a photo here of what your setup looks like.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
attached is a photo of the drivers side fog lamp sitting inside the fog lamp housing. The passenger side fog lamp housing is broken and I bought a replacement. when I went to remove the broken housing, I discovered I can not get access to the screw closest to the engine/center of the truck.

Is that the 8mm bolt in the picture that you can not get to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you are talking about the screw holding the light onto the house, then no. I am talking about the 2 screws at the top of the housing were it attaches to the bumper frame. I have drawn their position in red in this next attached file. I have also circled the area I am having trouble accessing to get to the screw.

Ok. I see what you have going on. It appears you are going to have to remove the front bumper then swap over the assembly. THat is how you will have to get the two top bolts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought that is what I would have to do.

It is just 4 bolts on both sides.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you have a diagram?

Probably but its going to be very basic.

CLICK HERE for bumper exploded view.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.