Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My F250 7.3 diesel will not start when cold, even if it is

Customer Question

My F250 7.3 diesel will not start when cold, even if it is 80 degrease outside. I changed the glow plugs 3 months ago.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes
JA: What year is your F250?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I check the glow plug relay and cleaned the Mass air flow sensor.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can plug in the engine heater and it will start.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do you have access to a scan tool that can check the ICP pressure while cranking cold?