Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chuck, I have an 07 GT Convertible. Sometimes the top won't…

Customer Question
Chuck, I have an 07...
Chuck, I have an 07 GT Convertible. Sometimes the top won't go down, yet in can drive a couple miles stop then it will go down and needless to say, visevetsa. Almost like a possible short or something. When I works it works great both ways. When it doesn't, the windows still go down and sometimes more then few I can hear a a double click. Then nothing, every time I push the rocker switch in the downward position. Not sure if I hear it the other way going up. Hell, I can't hardly hear regardless
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately what usually acts up or fails here is one of the roofs limit/position switches sending a false signal on what position the roof is in.It may be that when driven the movement of the vehicle allows the acting up switch/sensor to send the correct signal then allowing the top to then operate properly.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set.Then those codes diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.If no codes are set then the scan tool is used to read the sensor signals to locate the faulty limit sensor/switch needing replaced.Your model has several of these sensors so this does need done to pinpoint which sensor is at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician