Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 04 6.0 power stroke it idles fine but in gear it…

Customer Question
I have a 04...

I have a 04 6.0 power stroke it idles fine but in gear it idles rough and no throttle response

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Ford?

F250 xlt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed ipr and icp and changed my oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just changed the oil cooler

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

So if I understand in drive or reverse even at full throttle it just idles and will not increase rpm?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

I'm having same issue did you figure out what it was
I have same issue I'm working on truck myself could it be stiction

Welcome back,

You said: I have a 04 6.0 power stroke it idles fine but in gear it idles rough and no throttle response

I asked: So if I understand in drive or reverse even at full throttle it just idles and will not increase rpm?

I am still waiting on a response to this question from 9-10-17

After it warms up it will slowly take off

Once warm in park does the engine respond correct to throttle applied?

Does runs rough mean you are feeling a misfire?

Is there smoke from the exhaust during this issue?

When cold does it operate fine?

Every now and then I will have a little smoke it feels like a miss when in gear and hard to start when cold and won't move when cold ipr reading 31.8 icp reading 500+

Idling cold and idling rough. What is the ICP pressure reading at that time?

Will your scan tool run power balance test?