roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I'm getting code P0161 on my '03 Ford Escape. This code is

Customer Question

I'm getting code P0161 on my '03 Ford Escape. This code is for the heater circuit on the downstream O2 sensor on bank 2 (front exhaust header). I replaced the sensor, and cleared the code, but after running the engine for about 30 minutes, the same code popped again.
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: No, I haven't, but I will do this. Would the wires on the other sensors affect the code I'm getting from sensor 2, bank 2?
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the downstream sensor on bank 2, the one identified by P0161.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's basically it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 month ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 1 month ago.

ok, did you verify voltage to the sensor???

was any testing done prior to replacing the sensor???

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 1 month ago.

I attached a wire diagram for you to view. make sure you verify the fuse listed has power on both sides.

I also attached the connector view. verify battery voltage to the terminal listed.

Roy