Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

The ignition lock cylinder was hard to turn. Then the Porto

Customer Question

The ignition lock cylinder was hard to turn. Then the Porto all quit. Replaced lock cylinder ut ut no Porto ignition. No radio, lights..etc. 91 350 cargo van. Try to hotwire to get it to a shop
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: no power to any inside lights or radio.
JA: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just replaced the lock cylinder. Stuck away from home...ty to start..even hotwire if possible
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How can I start the van to drive home? Tried jumping the starter selinoid.. start engage but didn't start.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I am going to need the last 8 of the vin to pull the schematics to see where the issue may lie and the best way to start it to get it home