Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

The switch that engages the clutch pedal lever inside the

car has gone bad' JA: How...
The switch that engages the clutch pedal lever inside the car has gone bad'
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: .This is the switch that won't let you start the car unless the clutch pedal is depressed. The switch is bad. It is located under the dash bu I don't know where to look.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2007 Mustang
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going to try to locate the switch to see if replacing it my self is feasable.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ir it is under the dash but I do not know where to look for it.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/10/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Im just wondering why you think the switch is bad?

The switch is detreating because my mechanic informed me. He temperaraly taped it closed so the car would start but it is draining the battery.

ahhhhh that makes so much more sense now, that switch replacement is pretty easy, have you get the new one to install?

cannot call you, I am mute.
no I have not gotten a new switch

have you been able to locate the old one? now we know tape is on it, it will be easy to find just locate the clutch peddle and follow it up into the underside of the dash and you will see it

OK. I will find it and get a new one. Thank you. Bye

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician