Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2008 ford 5.4 engine low oil pressure-10 lbs idling 25 lbs

Customer Question

2008 ford 5.4 engine low oil pressure-10 lbs idling 25 lbs running. changed rod and main bearings on a 10 / 30 crankshaft. truck has 290k miles on it. I have changed the timing chains because guides were worn and broken, replaced oil pump. the truck ran fine for approx. 1000 to 1500 miles then started miss firing on the right bank and the mechanic named a sensor that he replaced.he said that sensor was controlled by oil pressure. that's when he checked and found the oil pressure low again
JA: Have you ever replaced the bearings?
Customer: yes. new ones may have 1500 miles on them
JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: actually its a Lincoln 150
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a repair shop with an excellent reputation. first thing we did was to change the timing chains and guides because they were worn and broken. we changed the oil pump at that time and found the oil pressure low. mechanic replaced oil pump again but checked and found rod and main bearings to be badly worn. crankshaft was miked . good. so new bearings were installed. truck ran fine for about 1500 miles. then started miss firing at idle..oil pressure low at this time..mechanic replacing oil pump again although he doesn't think that's the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 month ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 1 month ago.

milked??? do you mean the oil was contaminated with coolant???

Roy