Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm replacing rotors and pads on a 2005 ford freestyle.

Customer Question
I'm replacing rotors and...

I'm replacing rotors and pads on a 2005 ford freestyle. There's a special tool to retract rear caliper because caliper needs to spin clockwise as it's pushed back. My question is, "Is there a bolt that would be worn down because I waited too long replace the brakes. I don't trust the person doing the job. To my knowledge there is no bolt or screw that holds the caliper that would get worn down. I want to prove this person wrong so he won't lie to any body else. HELP!!

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the brakes? How many miles on the car?

Probably two years old. They started grinding about 6 days ago. I've kept my driving to minimum since then

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Freestyle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Actually I was learning more about the special tool and my brother had already taken the rear breaks apart. I wanted him to put it back together so I could go by the special tool but he said there's a bolt sheared off and it won't go back together.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Other than my brother can be a real jerk at times, no there's not. Thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/10/2017
Ford Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 11 months ago
Joshua Haynes

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you

Ford Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 11 months ago

What exactly is it that you are looking for me to answer?