Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2003 f150 Supercrew 5.4L Anyone have a step-by-step and or

2003 f150 Supercrew 5.4LAnyone have a step-by-step and or videos on taking the heater core out and inspecting the drain tube?My drain tube is plugged and a wire up into it is not clearing it. Water drips into the cab on the passenger side floor and has been for quite awhile it seems there is a hole in the floor panel from where that dripping pooled.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Mark,

I have enclosed the heater core replacement steps for you in the link below. Have a look and see if this is what your needing. Post back if you you have more questions and or need more help with this and we can work from there if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hskdo2d4jae6bz2/Heater%20core%20Sep%209.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thx Ron that helps. Do you have a view of the dash area that shows location of the core housing? Do I have to take any part of the dash or glovebox out to get to the area?

The AC/heater plenum is right behind and under the right side of the dash panel and beside the thing listed in the steps there is nothing else that needs to be removed. The heater plenum has the access panel shown in step #6.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The link isn't working. Sorry been delayed addressing this. Here is where the leak is coming from. I tried unplugging the drain, water comes out of it, but still is leaking into the truck from the spot i'm pointing to in the picture. Or n ot it won't let me add pictures for some reason.

Can you post the picture ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Is this water or coolant coming from the leak?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
water it appears. I see no color nor smell coolant.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you repost that link too when you have time ?

Okay then that is likely water from the condenser drain, the drain should come off the back of the AC/heater plenum and go through the firewall to the out side at the bottom of the plenum. I can and if your going to need to remover the Plenum and heater core you will need to remove the instrument panel. I have enclosed the steps to do both in the link below. Be sure to print them out as they do expire over time. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xwrqxaeal1nkvq/heater%20core%20Sep%2021.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5jvftdk76m7xnl/Instrument%20panel%20Sep%2021.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
holy crap the whole dash off? Ugh.