Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My hood latch on my 2011 ranger is not opening the hood from…

Customer Question
My hood latch on...

My hood latch on my 2011 ranger is not opening the hood from the inside

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

I hear nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

It feels like the cable has come loose. I have tried hitting the hood near the drivers side at the top

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

The cable could have come loose on either end or simply broken the cable.

It's best to download some photos of a new latch mechanism so you can try to figure out how it unlatches, so you can somehow get a long screwdriver or something similar up there from underneath and pop the latch open. Look for where the cable attaches and try to pry that in the direction the cable would pull it if it were working.