Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1997 ford expedition will not shift out of park. Brake

Customer Question
1997 ford expedition will...

1997 ford expedition will not shift out of park. Brake lights are out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Braker fluid full

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Override starter selenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of any

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 11 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, so none of the brake lights work? What did you do with the starter solenoid? Did you inspect the wiring to the brake switch on the brake pedal? So it wont come out of gear now?