Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Key fob got wet 2016 f150 truck will not start. Alarm went…

Customer Question
Key fob got wet...

Key fob got wet 2016 f150 truck will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes alarm went off put key in its like the batt dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Unplug truck battery and replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can he ? she fix today got to leave to go out of town

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

The water most likely has damaged the chip built into the key and the chip can not be read now and the computer thinks you are a thief. You will need your spare key or a locksmiths or dealerships diagnostic tool to reprogram 2 replacement keys to the vehicle. Some locksmiths are mobile and can come to you to prevent the tow.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris