Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

96 ranger no power on compressor connector wire to cluttch,

Customer Question

96 ranger no power on compressor connector wire to cluttch
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistant
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: am aretired mechanic have had experience with Auto ac,freon is ok fuses are ok relay is good bypass the clutch connector and it works great
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

did you check the pressure switch? also when you say you bypassed the connector does that mean you have power in the wire just not at the connector?