Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It's stuck in reverse, 2008, I tried messing with the

Customer Question
It's stuck in reverse ...

It's stuck in reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried messing with the shifter cable under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?

I don't know

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does it cost anything to be connected to the mechanic?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 11 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello what kind of 2008 Ford is this, car or truck? Manual or automatic transmission? The shifter is stuck or the transmission is stuck in reverse?

Escape and automatic transmission. The shifter is stuck.

Ok and you said you tried moving the shifter cable at the transmission? If you disconnect it wi the transmission shifter linkage move? One of two things, either the shifter cable is broken and it will pull out of the sheath for the cable when you disconnect it or the shifter itself is hung up. Id be thinking its a bad shifter cable.

Do you need more help with this concern?