Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

2007ford Focus o/d off light flashes on/off digital dash

Customer Question

2007ford Focus o/d off light flashes on/off digital dash goes blank speedometer stops,rough shifting pulled up p720 code . This does this a while then stops . What could this be?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Don't know where to start???
JA: What year is your Focus?
Customer: 2007 2.0
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to save money if easy fix just trying to get all the info I can before I try
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The passenger side light fixture melted around head light bulb had to replace
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

This code is for the output shaft speed sensor. This sensor is mounted to the outside of the transmission and is fairly simple to replace. The symptoms you have are a common issue when this sensor fails. It's possible there could be a wiring issue or an internal issue with the transmission causing the code, but the sensor itself is the most common failure.

I am sending along a diagram of the sensor location to help. Just click the link below to see it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

I hadn't heard back from you, do you need more help with this?