Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My wipers won't work soi checked numerous fuses because I am…

Customer Question
My wipers won't work...

My wipers won't work soi checked numerous fuses because I am missing the cover showing which fuse is for the wipers. Now the truck turns over but won't start. I'm thinking I messed up a fuse or relay but I don't which fuse could prevent the truck from firing. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Prior to me checking fuses it always fires right up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001 Excursion V10

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Excursion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looki g at fuse boxes. Do u know which fuse could prevent firing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
9/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 1 year ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Do you have extra fuses or places left over for fuses to go once you removed and re installed the fuses?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm in Ft lauderdale and I have a hurricane coming I need to get this truck started if possible. I don't have extra fuses but I can borrow a fuse from another device.

Excellent!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can u tell me which fuse or relay could cause the truck not to fire?

Just about any of them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's not true at all. Are u a real mechanic?

There are a few ways we can pinpoint the problem.

First, I would recommend to start by checking all of the fuses to ensure they are inserted properly into place.

Next, I can send over a fuse lay out or chart that will identify each fuse and its location.

Or would could start from scratch and diagnose this condition by checking for spark and fuel while cranking

That would be our best bet to get this thing up and running as fast as possible.

Which direction would you like to go in Sir?