Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced po443 not sure abouthoses, 1996 f 150 5.8, replaced…

Customer Question
Replaced po443 not sure...

Replaced po443 not sure abouthoses

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1996 f 150 5.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced vacuum canister on firewall

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Check engine light still on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Some hoses dont feel tight stays on

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This code commonly means the PCM failed. Code definition is PCM detected an unexpected high or low voltage condition on the Vapor Management Valve (VMV) circuit when the device was cycled "on" and "off". To set code P0443 on this vehicle, the PCM is looking for battery voltage at pin 56 coming from the solenoid windings. If the PCM doesn't see battery voltage whether it be due to a grounded or open circuit, faulty solenoid or connection, etc. the code is set. Check for battery voltage at Powertrain Control Module (PCM) pin 56 with the ignition switch in the RUN position. Check for battery voltage to go away on this pin when the CANP solenoid is unplugged. If the tests check to be as mentioned, replace the PCM. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer as I am not compensated for information/time until you leave rating, thanks.