Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Anti theft won't let truck start. 2004 ranger. Disconnected…

Customer Question
Anti theft won't let...

Anti theft won't let truck start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 ranger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnected battery

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 9 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I attached 2 docs for you to review and try. One of these will work unless there is a fault with the security system. Keep me posted please with the results.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.