Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I cant get my tires to free wheel on my 05 f150 4x4 also

Customer Question

I cant get my tires to free wheel on my 05 f150 4x4 also with the front end jacked up and i spin my tires the front driveshaft spins as well
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: Those are new. The hubs, iwes and 4x4 solenoid were just installed. The cv acles were mated properly and im pulling vacuum. But in 2wd the half shafts and the front drive shaft spin when i rotate the tires
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and hubs iwes vacuum solenoid and transfer case motor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The front drive shaft and cv axles spin in 2wd
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im also about to replace my reservoir box
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

The IWEs work by being locked in with no vacuum and unlocked with vacuum. It should only take 6 inhg of vacuum to keep the IWEs unlocked. If you are not getting this vacuum to the IWEs in 2wd and while running then you have a leak or a concern with the IWE solenoid. If you apply vacuum manually to the IWEs and it holds and still will not unlock then the IWE or the gears on the shaft and hub are damaged.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just hooked up the gauge at the iwes which were replaced one week ago its pulling a little over 20inhg
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just checked the the iwe again and its holding pressure as its supposed to and its moving as its supposed to

With the vacuum to the IWEs, when the front tires roll if the axle shafts are spinning then there is a concern with the IWE not allowing it to unlock.