Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Stalls in drive, especially when air is on, also feels as if…

Customer Question
Stalls in drive, especially...

Stalls in drive, especially when air is on, also feels as if something tranny way is skipping, shifts fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Sorry, 2005 ford escape 6cyl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, had fuel system cleaned

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No hog, same same

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Worse when air is on and short skippy losses of power, very mild

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

This skipping concern. While driving does it feel like the car has the hiccups, randomly jerking?

What is the rpm idling at operating temp in drive with the AC off?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

It's the torque converter, thank you

Wish you would of been able to respond on the 9th so I could of helped you diagnose this and could of posted an answer so you could rate myself.