HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2008 f250 6.4 diesel 4x4 just had the dog filters

Customer Question

I have a 2008 f250 6.4 diesel 4x4 just had the dog filters naked and cleaned. After sitting for 3 months.when I picked up the truck from mechanic test drive it for 5 miles at howdy speeds 65mph as I came to exit the freeway my throttle did not respond. Mechanic clear the codes and it responded but while driving back home it did the same no throttle. Mechanic said it had nothing to do with the work he did. So what's causing the throttle to not respond?
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 8 yrs old has not been service in that time.
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm going to find a diesel engine shop in town
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that after the mechanic clear the codes it work for a few miles
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 month ago.

Hello, if its setting a code or codes, that is the issue for sure, more than likely its a diagnostic trouble code for the throttle pedal since the throttle isnt responding, but to be sure you need to know what codes are stored when the warning light comes on. The vehicle is fly by wire and uses no throttle cable, it bases throttle input by the throttle pedal sensor at the floor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok my question now is how expensive would that be? I just spend $700 on cleaning the dpf filters
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 month ago.

If its the throttle pedal sensor, be a couple hundred bucks, if the tech working on it cleared the codes, he should already know what the trouble codes are. Not too difficult to replace but you want to be sure before you throw a part at it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank u for ur answers very helpful. Will definitely get back with you after it's been to a mechanic
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 month ago.

Very good, if you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I answered your questions, did you need more help?