Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

What causes 2001 ford f350 to stop running after idling for

Customer Question
10 to 15 minutes? JA: How...
what causes 2001 ford f350 to stop running after idling for 10 to 15 minutes?
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 200 thousand miles 7.3 L powerstroke
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed fuel filter and emptied water separator.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
9/9/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 2 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, will the truck start right back up? Does it act like someone shut the key off? Any warning lights on? How many miles are on the enigne? Any repairs done and now it has this problem?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician