EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Had cat get in engine compartment and the fan belt came off,

Customer Question

had cat get in engine compartment and the fan belt came off
JA: What shape is the fan belt in? Do you know if it needs to be replaced, or just adjusted?
Customer: had local mechanic put new one on for 249.00 and now do not have turbo at all
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I have to wait till Monday to get to my ford dealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: engine symbol came on driving home from mechanic went back to see if they missed anything and said take it to ford
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

What kind of Ford do you have?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
F350 short bed crew cab 2015

Ok thanks. The turbo mechanically should still be fine as the belt would have nothing to do with that. What you do want to make sure is that all the front cac tubes are connected and no hoses have been left off near the belt area. If a cac tube is off you will make no boost.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.