Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have no pressure in my fuel lines going to my engine

Customer Question
I have no pressure...

I have no pressure in my fuel lines going to my engine block

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

I filled it this past weekend and no I dont

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1988 ford ranger xlt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm fixing it myself... I tried testing the line for pressure but the gage reads 0 even with the truck on aux mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Where the pumps are located so I can find them and fix them

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This has an electric fuel pump in the tank. You will have to drop the tank to access the fuel pump. I would check it for spark as well. If it has spark or will run for a few seconds off starting fluid, then the fuel pump is the issue. If it doesn't have spark or fuel then the issue could be a problem with the timing belt.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!