Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No power to 4pin trailer light connector, low voltage only…

Customer Question
No power to 4pin...

No power to 4pin trailer light connector, low voltage only to Left turn signal.,

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It is consistent, I only get 2 to 3 volts with the left turn signal on, nothing with the right or tail lights on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001 Ford E 350 super duty extended

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E-350 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tested the lights on the trailer with a direct 12 volt connection and they work. I checked the voltage to the 4 pin connector at the back of the van and got what I just told you and now I am looking for fuse diagram to check to see if weak or corroded fuses or?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I thought you were the mechanic

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 9 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

First thing is you want to check fuse 14 in the fuse box under the hood, also check fuses 5 and 6 in the box under the hood. Check those fuses first then let me know. I can get wiring diagrams if needed. Thanks.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician