Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Hasn't been driving like usual and stalls when I press on

Customer Question

Hasn't been driving like usual and stalls when I press on the accelerator.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: When driving. Not the check engine like but my owners manual says it is a powertrain fault.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Ford fusion 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything yet. Just started yesterday. Was needing advice on the right steps to take though.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's really my only problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So we need to see what codes are in the system, the local auto parts store will do a check for free, if they cant get any codes then it will need to be scanned with a better scanner like at the dealer or a shop