Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hasn't been driving like usual and stalls when I press on…

Customer Question
Hasn't been driving like...

Hasn't been driving like usual and stalls when I press on the accelerator.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

When driving. Not the check engine like but my owners manual says it is a powertrain fault.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford fusion 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet. Just started yesterday. Was needing advice on the right steps to take though.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's really my only problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So we need to see what codes are in the system, the local auto parts store will do a check for free, if they cant get any codes then it will need to be scanned with a better scanner like at the dealer or a shop