Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My horn doesn't work when I hit the steering column switch,

Customer Question
My horn doesn't work...

My horn doesn't work when I hit the steering column switch, but it works to let me know that the car is locked. I have checked the fuse. It is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes, but the owners manual says it is #22 in the passenger side panel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've looked at the connections on the horns, they seem to be good. I pulled the horn fuse, it seems to be good.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

more than likely you have a spiral cable bad, but we need to do some checks to figure that out, first things first we need a volt meter for these checks do you have one of those?

I'll have to call back later.How do I do that?
Can't do this now.Will have to be tomorrow.

sounds good just log into your e mail and the conversation will be on there and you can access this again

Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.