Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I park my edge it sounds like metal to metal noise in…

Customer Question
When I park my...

When I park my edge it sounds like metal to metal noise in the shifter

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?

I don't know

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007 edge awd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to know what the problem is before I take it to repair shop. no one has seen it yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car is almost at 100000 miles

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Does this noise occur when moving the shifter into and out of park or anything else?

Is this a floor or column shifter?

I see this is a floor shifter. I would refer to this article and start disassembling the shifter and if you have to disconnect the shift cable and see if the shifter still makes a noise with the cable unhooked and maybe you can figure out what is causing the noise after you gain access to it and look closer at it.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.