Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have 2010 Ford Fusion which was blowing hot air when ac

Customer Question
Have 2010 Ford Fusion...

Have 2010 Ford Fusion which was blowing hot air when ac turned on. Had freon checked and it was OK. Took to shop and blend door actuator was replaced. Worked fine for a while, but this is the strange part...if the car has been sitting in the sun and it is very hot inside the car, it will blow hot air. If it is cool inside the car, it blows cold air. Seems the hot temp insid eht car is a factor. When it is very hot in the car, can adjust the temp controller from hot to cold and you can hear the blend actuator function and the air from the vents is cold for a few minutes and then back to cold. any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

Coolant is fine. Had that checked.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am good electrically/mechanically but unable to work on car because of bad back....only thing tried was the changing of temperature controller from hot to cold and hearing the blend actuator.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that it works fine when temp inside is cool (sitting overnight) and does not when it is hot inside.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
9/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mastertechuk, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Mastertechuk
Mastertechuk, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin the first thing i would do is have car plugged into a diagnostic tool and have evaporator temperature sensor checked to ensure reading is correct .as if its not the ac wont run .these can be common to cause your type of issue