Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Ford Explorer sport track, the number 2 piston…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Ford Explorer sport track, the number 2 piston is missfiring, I have had the spark plugs and wires replaced, the coil, the fuel filter and the battery replaced and it is still doing the same thin

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had the spark plugs and wires replaced, changed the fuel filter and coil and new battery

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
9/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Does it seem to misfire more at idle or while going down the highway?

When going down highway

Does the check engine light flash? Are you getting any codes other then misfire?

Code the number 2 piston is misfiring and the engine light flashes every once in awhile

Do you have the V6 or V8 engine? Does it seem to misfire at idle too? Thanks.

V6 and yes
I just checked the coil and all are arching

Considering what has been replaced the only things left are pretty much engine mechanical such as valve, camshaft, rocket arm, ect or injector. I would start by doing a compression test to verify compression is similar to the other cylinders and if not next step is to do a leakdown test to see where compression is being lost. If compression is good then I would go ahead and replace injector. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Don't know how to do any of that but thsnks
I have a 2008 Ford Explorer sportrack the the number 2 piston is misfiring, have had spark plus and wires replaced, coil , fuel filter and battery replaced and it is still missfiring
K
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 8 months ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Was the trouble code P0302 or P0352?

A. Penland
A. Penland