Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

We have a 1991 F150 and would like to put the tires and rims

Customer Question

Hi, We have a 1991 F150 and would like to put the tires and rims on a 1999 Ford F150. will this work with the brake discs?
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: The tires on the 1991 are a year old and ok. the tires on the 1999 are starting to come apart.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we will be swapping out the rims and tires if the brake disc aren't an issue. The rims on the 1991 are 15 inches and the ones on the 1999 are 16 inches.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is about it. thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

They won't fit, they have different bolt patterns. The 1991 was a bolt pattern of 5x139.7/5x5.50 and the 99 has a bolt pattern of 5x135/5x5.31. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer as I am not compensated for information/time until you leave rating, thanks.