Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2009 Ford Ranger "Anti-theft" system keeps engaging and when

Customer Question

2009 Ford Ranger "Anti-theft" system keeps engaging and when that happens, I can't start the truck; however after waiting for a period of time, it seems to release and start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes, they seem fine and I took to a O'Reily's and they checked the battery, starter and alternator, all checked out
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the above and in addition, I changed the Starter Relay
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That the Anti Theft light comes on when I turn the key on and flashes at that point nothing will happen
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. The PATS receiver needs replaced. I've seen this quite often