Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 Ford Ranger "Anti-theft" system keeps engaging and when…

Customer Question
2009 Ford Ranger "Anti-theft"...

2009 Ford Ranger "Anti-theft" system keeps engaging and when that happens, I can't start the truck; however after waiting for a period of time, it seems to release and start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes, they seem fine and I took to a O'Reily's and they checked the battery, starter and alternator, all checked out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the above and in addition, I changed the Starter Relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That the Anti Theft light comes on when I turn the key on and flashes at that point nothing will happen

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. The PATS receiver needs replaced. I've seen this quite often