Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Its my 1999 ford f150 truck is not changing gears right it…

Customer Question
Hi its my...

Hi its my 1999 ford f150 truck is not changing gears right it only run on

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

1st and 2nd gear but will not change any more gears and now is very accelerated

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I sked a mechanic about it he said I needed another transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NO JUST THAT THANK YOU

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
9/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

If you just take off normally from a stop, does the transmission shift from 1st to 2cd seem normal? and at around 15 mph or so? Also, does the speedometer work right? thank you.

NO IT DOESNT I HAVE TO MOVE THE GEAR DOWN AND THEN IT CHANGES TO THE OTHER GEAR

Alright, so when it is supposed to shift to third, and you move the stick into 3rd gear position, does it tach up and kind of feel like it goes to neutral?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician